Thursday, July 15, 2010

Found in Newfoundland!

Welcome to the first entry of the Found in Newfoundland blog.

I’ve always loved exploring this beautiful province, and there are many places I go back to time and time again. However, this year, I decided to also visit some places that I’ve never been before, particularly around the central part of the province. I decided to write a blog to share my travels - and the wonderful things I find along the way - with others who do, and always will, love Newfoundland.

Part of the reason for the interest in traveling around the province this year is to collect more photographs for my online store, selling Newfoundland souvenirs, prints, and other gift items featuring photographs of Newfoundland. So this blog will also feature some of the products which arise from my travels as well. Want to take home a memory or piece of Newfoundland? Now you can. But no photos will ever completely capture the splendour of the landscapes and seascapes you’ll find here.

The next few entries will be descriptions of some of the trips/adventures I’ve had already this year. So far, I’ve been to the Salmonier Nature Park, Signal Hill, Fort Amherst, Bell Island, and the Cape Shore. I’ve also been fortunate enough to do one boat tour out of Bay Bulls, with another one coming up this weekend.

So please come back often to see where I’ve been and where I go next. And if you decide you want to know more about a particular area, then why not plan your trip here?

There are still many who don't know where Newfoundland is - but most who have been here long to come back. To most, no matter where they now live, it will always be “home.” I hope I can bring a little of the wonder of this amazing place to life for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments on this post or your interest in Newfoundland